vegetational change detection
Provide innovative and affordable cost-effective technology to monitor and manage from space resources, the electrical grid and renewable infrastructures resources.
Resource planning, management and monitoring An efficient and reliable energy infrastructure is vital for our society. Asset managers and Network operators are under increasing pressure to improve electrical networks and systems performance and reliability. Remote sensing via Earth observation satellites (SatEO) provides an innovative and cost-effective way to support resource planning, resource management and risk management. The need for human inspections is reduced allowing an advanced decision making support and risk management.
Geospatial analysis based on SatEO for the assets and risks strategic management
Geospatial analysis based on satellite remote sensing data offers an additional source of data able to complete or replace traditional methods often based on expensive and strenous human inspections. For example, it can detect natural hazard risks of natural such as fires, floods and ground structural failure. It helps managing the risks of network and plant resources. Transmission and distribution networks and pipelines, power plants (solar, wind) and substations are some examples of such assets. Satellite images are of great support to:
- reduce the need of human inspections
- allow assets economic monitoring locally
- enable advanced, near-real-time decision making support and management
Energy applications of this technology can be classified into resource and network planning, resource management and operational risk management.
Asset and network planning:
- Site selection eg. wind farms, power lines, pipeline infrastructures
- Geotechnical, geophysical and altimetric survey of the site
- Assessment of vegetation invasions
- Asset conditions management: damage, decay, corrosion, etc.
Operational risk management
- Resources monitoring and natural hazards events detection, such as floods, fires, earthquakes and land cave in
- Risk management dashboard providing detailed studies and decision making support based on geospatial analysis
IPTSAT’s remote sensing data products
Future energy companies are using emerging digital technology to reduce operational costs in the resources management and operation. Satellite remote sensing is one of these technologies and can provide information and value to asset managers and operators.
Our satellite-based remote sensing data products provide multi-satellite, multi-sensor, multi-wavelength and multi-polarization processed data images. By aggregating big data and by applying automatic learning workflows, these data flows can be displayed in resource risk management dashboard allowing an improved situation awareness and decision making support.
vegetation interference analysis
webgis and plant monitoring dashboard